embed codes are not working for either cloud-hosted or self-hosted pages
On my page http://egbn.org/JWP6test/index.html the code executes all around the player, but the player doesn't appear at all. The current iteration is using the cloud-hosted embed code. The self-hosted page is located at http://egbn.org/JWP6test/jplayer.html
BTW, the embed codes were copied directly from the Publish Wizard - Get Embed Code page. The previous Configure Your Player page show an actively working cloud-hosted JWPlayer using my video, image and title.
OK Andrew, I removed the charset='UTF-8' completely, and still the player does not appear. I tried from a different computer on the same intranet, with the same results. Then I switched to my tablet (on wifi) and changed to xfinitywifi ( I'm in their footprint and have an account with Comcast). The first time I attempted with the tablet, the placeholder for the player appeared between ...Loading... and Page Code, but no player appeared.
I thought it might be my local network so I shutdown my computer, turned off my router, disconnected the switch, and unplugged my modem (reset everything). I came back up in 3 minutes, and STILL NO PLAYER!
When I attempt to load jplayer.html (the self-hosted code) with the tablet using the default browser (while on xfinitywifi), the placeholder for the player appeared between ...Loading... and Page Code, but no player appears. I've waited up to 5 min. for the player to load each time, but no player loads. The file index.html (containing the cloud-hosted code) does not show any player or placeholder for the player. When using the tablet on xfinitywifi, the self-hosted code does NOT work on CHROME (regular or Beta) or Firefox.
It only works in IE11. I've even tried from a different computer in a different physical location (at my daughter's house-different network, modem, provider), both wireless (wifi & 4GLTE) and wired. From Chrome & Firefox on desktop, phone and tablet, it does NOT work.
I ran my code through W3C Validator, cleaned it up and the URL is http://egbn.org/JWP6test/djeplayer.html
I don't have an answer to this one, but just wanted to chime in. I've been staring at this poster's page code, and poking around with the developer tools in my browser, and can't for the life of me figure out why the player isn't working on these pages. Biggest mystery I've seen in long time. I keep getting the feeling I'm missing something stupid and simple, but I just can't find it!
I’ve tried messing with this some more. Again, the exact same code works just fine for me on my localhost, so my guess is that there is some sort of server configuration issue. If you try using our cloudhosted player from your account page here:
I thought it was possibly a server/hosting problem as well, which is why I had switched name servers last night. I hadn't copied the code yet when you tested the new files, so I changed the name servers back. The same problem with inability to run on other browsers than IE11 occurs whether the code calls out the cloud-hosted video or self-hosted video. Even when I have everything on my localhost (all files on my hard disk, same directory, using self-hosted code) it will not run from Chrome or Firefox.
Thanks for posting back about this! It was really puzzling me, and I never thought to look at the MIME type of the HTML itself - it's usually a problem of the MIME type on the MP4, so that's what we focus on.