JW Player 6.8.4616 (Premium edition) + Mac + Firefox 29.0.1 + no Flash Player installed = buggy
I'm experiencing the following issue:
On Mac OSX, Firefox 29.0.1, no Flash Player installed, I open a page in my project containing the following code:
<div id="myElement">Loading the player...</div>
- The console says: "No suitable players found and fallback enabled"
- There is a player with a thumbnail but the dimensions are wrong (appears to be 16:9).
- When I click the play button I get redirected directly to the video file, in the same window.
- The jwplayer logo is visible, despite the presence of a self hosted license key in the page head:
To reproduce the issue somewhat on your own site:
On Mac OSX open FireFox 29.0.1
Be sure Flash Player is NOT installed
- The player seems to load, the video thumbnail appears
- The logo is visible
- When you click play you get redirected to the video file directly, in the same window
The player works as expected in all other browsers I've tested in.
I've tried all the suggestions I could find in the FAQ and question section but can't seem to work around the issue. I hope you can help me out.
Thanks for your time!