1. What is the 250G streaming limites ? Is that including upload and/or download usage ? 2. If I just play back the video, does it count toward the 250G usage 3. What is the network usage limit ? 4. What is the overlimit charge per GB ?
My name is Alex and I am one of the Support Engineers at JW Player. I will be more than happy to assist you with your questions.
1. What is the 250G streaming limites ? Is that including upload and/or download usage ?
The 250 GB streaming limit is a limit on how much content that you upload to our platform gets streamed, or played, per month. This limit does not apply to content not hosted on your JW Player account. If you use our player to embed content hosted on another server, this limit does not apply.
2. If I just play back the video, does it count toward the 250G usage
If the video is hosted on our platform, yes. For example, if you upload a 20 MB video to our platform, you would be able to play it 12,800 times per month. (12,800 × 20 MB = 256,000 MB. 256,000 / 1,024 (MB per GB) = 250 GB)
3. What is the network usage limit ?
In terms of network usage, the only limit we impose is is the 250 GB of streaming bandwidth per month. The only other limit we have is that you are limited to 50 GB of storage of content uploaded to our platform. Again, if the content is hosted elsewhere, these limits do not apply.
4. What is the overlimit charge per GB ?
For Premium accounts, which are the accounts that have the 250 GB monthly streaming limit, your account will not be able to stream any more content hosted on our server for the month that you go over 250 GB.
Please note that everything I said above applies to Premium accounts only. Free accounts have similar limitations, but they are 25 GB of monthly streaming and 5 GB of storage.
Enterprise and Ads accounts have custom-tailored limits based on your needs, and also have overage charges, but those are developed with the customer and the Sales person when signing up for those accounts.
Please let me know if you need any more help or have any other questions.
This question has received the maximum number of answers.